CIS of Chicago will be hosting the third annual Summer Institute for community partners in August. The Summer Institute is an opportunity for community partners that provide school-based programming to network with similar organizations, build teaching and facilitating skills, and develop effective curricular plans.
This year, we are interested in having community partners provide the workshops at the Institute. We know that our community partners are skilled in many aspects of school-based programming, and we want to highlight the great work that our partners are doing.
We look forward to receiving your workshop proposals!
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2015
Location: DePaul Student Center (2250 N. Sheffield Ave.)
Workshop length: 1.5 hours each
- Presenters will receive a $150 honorarium (divided, if more than one presenter) and recognition
- Materials (copies, folders, flip chart paper, markers, etc) and technical equipment will be provided by CIS of Chicago
- Presenters and CIS of Chicago will work collaboratively on program focus and design.
The following are topics that our community partners are interested in:
- Supporting and supervising classroom facilitators
- Trauma and the student brain
- Integrating special education needs in school-based programs
- Curriculum tune-up: Writing clear program goals and objectives, linking to evaluation and assessment
- Presentation skills – using your voice, body and movement to create a dynamic presentation
- Building your brand – Marketing your program to schools and communities
- Storytelling to raise money – Telling the story of your work
- Amplify the Impact of Your Short-Term Program
- Non-violent communication strategies
- Classroom management strategies for beginners
- Relaxation techniques for professionals
- Collaborations: How to make inter-agency collaboration work for schools and students
Ready to propose a workshop idea? Follow this link for the online application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6STNFCW
Workshop proposals are due by June 1.
Applicants will be contacted by June 15.