As part of CIS of Chicago’s commitment to supporting heath education partners, this working group hosted a conversation about evaluation and assessment of school-based programs for a dozen of our health partners.
Aleia Mays, CIS of Chicago intern, reviewed the basics of assessment and evaluation and shared several resources with partners about assessment tools partners can use to measure and judge the impact of their programming.
See Aleia’s PowerPoint here: Evaluation and Assessment of Health Ed Programs
Other resources here:
- Aligning Assessment, Learning Objectives and Instructional Strategies
- Additional Assessment Resources
- KWL graphic organizer
- Garden Gate graphic organizer
Several health partners generously shared their assessment practices with the rest of the group.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago (Tracy Schultz)
- Peer Health Exchange (Brittany Merritt)
- Respiratory Health Association (Amy O’Rourke and Amanda Weiler)
- Chicago Women’s Health Center (Scout Bratt)
- Common Threads (Stephanie Folkens)
Notes on their presentations and the discussion are here: Health Working Group Notes
Thank you to all who attended! We will host our last working group meeting in May. Please contact Katrina Pavlik (kpavlik at cisofchicago dot org) if you’d like to be included.