CIS of Chicago upcoming events:
SEPTEMBER Managing Student Behavior NOVEMBER Social Justice in our schools DECEMBER Classroom Management Reboot
- JANUARY How to Create A Tier 2 Program
- MARCH Beyond the Pre & Post Test- Assessment through a new lens
- MAY Think Outside The Box
*PLUS community partner meet-ups by focus area
Small but Mighty: Adapting Your Program to a Small Group with a Common Need
Do you normally work with students in a full classroom or auditorium setting? Are you looking for ways that you can tailor those programs to small groups of students that share a similar need? Join Communities In Schools on Thursday, January 24th as we explore the key elements of providing students with tiered supports.
In this training, community partners will:
- Define tiers of student supports
- Identify the key elements to delivering an effective small group program
- Hear from other community partners about their own small group supports
- Discuss next steps and create a plan to put these lessons in action
Presenters will be CIS of Chicago staff Paul Fagen, LCSW, Field Supervisor, and Simone Woods, LCSW, Student Supports Manager.
The training will take place at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
TAILORED SUPPORT 18-19
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ON A ROLLING BASIS WHILE RESOURCES ALLOW
A Component of CIS of Chicago’s NAVIGATE Training Program
Where do you, your team, and/or your organization need additional support?
During the 2018-19 school year, Communities In Schools of Chicago (CIS of Chicago) will offer tailored support to a small group of organizations that offer school-based programs and want customized assistance in improving program efficacy. If accepted, CIS of Chicago will work closely with the organization’s leadership throughout the year to understand baseline performance, create a training plan, set goals for implementation, and assess growth and areas in need of continued support.
Other events you may be interested in:
- Ingenuity Events
- Forefront (formerly Donors Forum) Events
- Chicago Literacy Alliance Events
- Thrive Chicago Events